All of this talk about record shelves, etc., reminded me of a promise I made
to the Lady of the house.  Last spring/summer time frame I worked through my
collection of 78rpm discs to "thin" the collection a bit.  Like most, I
eventually came to a point that no more could come in without letting a few
go!  And, like most, it is hard to let some of these "go," I never know when
I _need_ them again....

So, what I have here are basically two collections of material that I
collected when I first started enjoying the 78rpm disc.  When I first
started listening/collecting I was really into the Big Band era as well as a
period of acoustically-recorded material.  Much of this material I picked up
here at a local record shop in Charlotte called the Wax Museum--much of this
is radio station copies that are in really nice condition.  I also picked up
material from the Record Finders/Memory Lane Auctions out of Richmond, VA.
Granted, most of this will be the more "common" material, not likely rare,
etc.

Later on in my collecting I really got into early vocal/operatic work as
well as some of the smaller orchestral musics.  Practically all of this
material came from the great Ars Antiqua business via the monthly sales
catalogs from David Canfield.  When I was buying 78s from Dave, I almost
always tended towards the European labels so the majority of this material
is indeed non-US releases, expensive stuff to be honest.  Sure, there are
some orchestral "album sets" from Columbia and RCA but not that many.

It would take forever to do a detailed listing so I'm just going to
generalize each "box" of discs:

box 1 - 15" of Col/RCA album sets (from Canfield)
box 2 - 5" of Col/RCA album sets, 12" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 3 - 17" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly European releases (from
Canfield)
box 4 - 4" of Col/RCA album sets, 12" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 5 - 3" of Col/RCA album sets, 6" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 6 - 12" of Col/RCA album sets, 4" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 7 - 9" of Col/RCA album sets, 7" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 8 - 9" of Col/RCA album sets, 8" of vocal/operatic/orchestral, mostly
European releases (from Canfield)
box 9 - 13" band, popular and early music, some acoustical (from Record
Finders, and local)
box 10 - 11" band, popular and early music (from Wax Museum)
box 11 - 12" band, popular and early music, some acoustical (from Record
Finders)
box 12 - 12" band, popular and early music, some acoustical (from Record
Finders)
box 13 - 9" band, popular and early music (from Wax Museum)
box 14 - 12" band, popular and early music (from Wax Museum)
box 15 - 12" band, popular and early music, some acoustical (from Record
Finders)
box 16 - 12" band, popular and early music, some acoustical (from Record
Finders)

Most are in superb condition, especially the material that I purchased from
Dave Canfield.  The discs that came from the Wax Museum I cherry-picked from
the stacks he had there.  So condition should not be a worry at all.

The are FREE to a good home.    I've enjoyed my time with these and I'm
looking for another who will appreciate them.  These are practically ready
to go.  They are all boxed with bubble wrap and etc., for a safe drive down
the road.  All you need to do is drive over and pick them up.

Simply contact me via email,
D. Blake Werts (Charlotte, NC)