My brother's a musician, so he has no money but he does know something about how music should sound.

He recently listened to a lot of different speakers for his home studio and ended up settling on the Mackie MR5mk3 models as the most accurate speakers for the money (roughly $300 for a pair) and he knows a couple of other producers/musicians who've gone the same route for their home studios.

So you might want to check the MR5 or their larger Mackie cousins out to see if they do it for you.

http://www.mackie.com/products/studiomonitors/index.html

Arthur Gaer