AVPreserve announces the release of a new free resource, 9 Things to Consider when Assessing Cloud Storage (http://www.avpreserve.com/avpsresources/papers-and-presentations/) by Consultant Seth Anderson. Part of our new initiative Feet on The Ground: A Practical Approach to The Cloud, 9 Things outlines nine important areas to review when assessing cloud storage providers, offering background on the importance of the topic areas and a series of questions to address for each one.

Many organizations lack the necessary resources and support to provide preservation level digital storage internally, and cloud storage must be seriously considered as an option. Our Feet on The Ground initiative is aimed at providing resources to institutions so they can make practical, informed decisions regarding cloud services. This first paper will be followed by a series of summary reviews of several cloud storage providers, with regular updates and additions as the market changes. These and other resources can be found on our Papers & Presentations page. Feedback is welcome on these resources and other areas you'd like to see addressed.

Chris Lacinak
AVPreserve
350 7th Ave., Suite 1605
New York, NY 10001