 From: eugene hayhoe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record (LP) shelving

Tom, all I can say is they cost less than the materials I used to build the wooden ones, which cost me a few dozen hours of labor in the procuring and cutting of wood, construction and painting.  With 'the store bought ones,' I was loading records within 20 minutes.

Don't know ''what you bought or what you were doing to them,'' (LOL) but the 10 I've bought have given me NO reason to question their stability in numerous years of service and they are ''fully loaded" with 16-20 feet of records, depending on whether other things, like speakers, are on them. I'm a big guy, and I would feel safe standing on them (though, I admit, I have not tried that).

I suspect that the product I am talking about and the ones you are are not the same.

Gene