Carsten,

Sure, but allowing both would require systems to test each property before use. "Unlovely" is a good word for that, too.

Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Klee, Carsten
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BIBFRAME] AW: enumeration and chronology + ranges

Nate,

omitting a range would allow both. Why taking this limitations into the ontology? Defining another property pads out the ontology needlessly. Redefining the terms later on is also unlovely.

Carsten

Carsten Klee
Abt. Überregionale Bibliographische Dienste IIE Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz

Fon:  +49 30 266-43 44 02