> Am
> I right in thinking from what you say that this is very much an
> exploration of the concept rather than a prototype for any specific
> service, e.g. for editing work at LC?
-- Yes.

This is still very much a testing and experimentation phase.  In addition to being conceptual, it is designed to be functional.  So, the Editor could be used to create and manipulate resource descriptions - and it will have the ability to save to a backend store - but it is not being developed with the expectation that it would become *the* way to do this work here at LC, or elsewhere (unless someone wants to take it in that direction).

Yours,
Kevin