From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ford, Kevin
Sent: 31 January 2014 16:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Bibframe editor / authority editor

Dear Joachim,

The BIBFRAME Editor is still a little too rough around the edges to open up yet.  It would raise more elementary questions ("Why doesn't this link work?") versus more constructive ones ("Doing X is interesting, but might it be better to do Y?").

We plan to deliver a functioning demo installation so anyone can try the editor in the next few months.  We will also make the code available at the same time.  The Editor will still be very much a prototype with doubtless many improvements to be made, but we hope it will also be sufficiently developed to not only provide a view of possible, future ways to catalog but also serve as a conversation starter about how that future might look once fully fleshed out.

Yours,
Kevin

--

Kevin Ford

Network Development and MARC Standards Office

Library of Congress

Washington, DC