Hi there,

We are interested in linking from EAD descriptions of theatre archives (e.g. archives about 'Happy Days': http://archiveshub.ac.uk/data/gb71-thm/396/thm/396/4/1/15) to a performance database entry for 'Happy Days' that links theatre performances, writers and actors.

We're considering the best way to do it. I wondered if anyone has any experience of doing anything similar? I can't really put the links into <controlaccess> because its about the archive not external sources,  and <bioghist> is about the creator of the archive, which may not be appropriate. It doesn't belong in 'otherfindaid' because it is not another finding aid the archive but rather a means for researchers to go from an archival descriptions across to an environment that will give them a different context.

I can see how it might work in a Linked Data context, but we'd like to consider a fairly low barrier option for the time being of simply adding URL's from our archival descriptions to an appropriate place in the performance database.

with kind regards,
Jane.

Jane Stevenson
The Archives Hub