I will check one of my Detroit bcasts from way back there.  It probably
says where it is coming from.  It wouldn't be from a place built in the
1950's.

I just checked one of them, and the announcer says it is coming from the
Masonic Temple in Detroit, before an audience of 5000 people (that's a very
big space, especially for a concert hall).

Re Cass Auditorium, was it really the gymnasium shown in the pic in that
link?  I would think that a real gym like this would be way too reverberant
for good recording.

Best, John