Four great mid-60's albums are about to be reissued on vinyl:
http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=3006

These albums are when Kirk was stretching out and doing some innovative but not overly crazy things.
The first two build on the earlier Mercury albums, while the second two go toward the direction Kirk
took in the later 60s, but don't go nearly as far out there. Another interesting aspect is you can
hear the styles of three producers (Jack Tracy and Hal Mooney from Mercury/Limelight and Creed
Taylor from Verve) and three studios (Nola, Capitol NYC and Van Gelder).

The other Roland Kirk albums I really like, all on Mercury are "We Free Kings," "The Roland Kirk
Quartet Meets the Benny Golson Orchestra" and "Live In Copenhagen," which is one of the more intense
live jazz albums ever recorded.

-- Tom Fine