Hi, there, DDR et al,

The New York Philharmonic was being broadcast regularly the previous year.

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dennis Rooney
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Ford Sunday Evening Hour broadcasts

The 1923 broadcasts are authentic but unrecorded. The were conducted by
Gabrilowitsch. They may have been the first radio broadcast of a regular
symphony orchestra concert. The Minneapolis Symphony under Verbrugghen also
broadcast in that same year.

DDR

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM, John Haley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks, Leo.  Great info.
> Best, John
>

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Leo Gillis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > The online archives of the DSO for the Ford Sunday Evening Hour goes
> > from
> > 2/16/1934 to 3/8/1947. A couple are listed for 1923, but I'm not
> > sure if those are correct.
> >
> > http://www.dso.org/performanceTitle.aspx?page_id=648
> >
> > The list of conductors includes:  Victor Kolar, Fritz Reiner, Mischa
> > Levitsky, Alexander Smallens, Charles Hackett, Richard Bonelli, Sir
> Ernest
> > MacMillan, Emma Otero, Franco Ghione, Elwyn Carter, Andre
> > Kostelanetz,
> Sir
> > John Barbirolli, Sir Thomas Beecham, Wilfrid Pelletier, Jose Iturbi,
> George
> > Szell, Sir Eugene Ormandy, Reginald Stewart, Artur, Rodzinaksi,
> > Eugene Goossens, Victor Kolar, Harold Koch, Dmitri Mitropoulos, Karl
> > Krueger, William Steinberg, Leonard Bernstein, Efrem Kurtz, and C.
Valter Poole.

--
1006 Langer Way
Delray Beach, FL 33483