Hi Tom --

  Rubber cement on records (your last paragraph)? How? Pour  it on, let it
dry, peel it off, and your problems are solved? (Sure -- speaking  of
solvents!) As an old collector I thought I'd probably heard the goofy  theories
that abound, but that's a new one. Thanks. Let us know if you feel  like it.

  Don Tait

  P.S. During the 1970s I met a crazy "collector" who claimed  that the
very best treatment for 78-rpm records was black shoe polish. Kiwi,
specifically. One was to smear the polish on the record's grooves, rub until  there
was a high polished gloss. And then all sound and surface problems  were
solved. Sure....

In a message dated 3/15/2014 4:45:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,