Fascinating , informative! Thank you, Leo. I learned things I didn't  know.
What a range of conductors, and so the orchestra for these broadcasts was
indeed made up of DSO members, at least until March 1947. Might that have
been  when the DSO was disbanded? And the listed conductors included Charles
Hackett and Richard Bonelli? Jeepers...they were singers and I'd never known
 before that they conducted. (I seem to remember reading years ago that
Richard Bonelli was the uncle of the actor Robert Stack, especially famous
for the  television series "The Untouchables," and that Bonelli  was one of
those talented non-Italian singers who changed his or  her name before World
War II to seem to be Italian.)

  I can't get to Philip Hart's biography of Reiner now, but I seem to
recall that he recounted Reiner's 1940s trips to Detroit to conduct the Ford
Sunday Evening Hour broadcasts.

  Don Tait

In a message dated 3/19/2014 6:07:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,