Tenth Programme
Subscription 10

Detroit Symphony Orchestra
Thursday, February 09, 1922

Artists
Ossip Gabrilowtisch, conductor
Artur Schnabel, Piano

Program
Mendelssohn -  Overture from Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage, Op. 27
Brahms -  Piano Concerto No.1 in D minor, Op.15
Intermission
Tchaikovsky -  Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op. 74, "Pathétique"

So when did the NYPO start their broadcasts? From their site we have:

"Aug. 11, 1922 -	First broadcast by a major symphony orchestra, New York Philharmonic,
program conducted by Willem van Hoogstraten from Lewisohn Stadium."

-- Leo Gillis