A friend and colleague has asked me if I know anyone (preferably in the New York City area) who can repair a Victrola. �I don't, but I said I'd ask. �Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jon Samuels

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:05 AM, Don Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 21/03/2014, Kurt Nauck wrote:

> No, it is my understanding that the damped lift mech is not something
> you should ever have to recharge.
>
> What I'm referring to is an add-on dampening system that reduces
> lateral movement in the arm resulting in better tracking and quieter
> transfers.
>
> See
> here:
> http://www.smetonearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_10&products_id=31

Yes, it's a black plastic arc-shaped cup which is an add-on.

The silicone tends to wander over the years and spreads itself all over
the arm. The sticky surfaces then attract dust.

My SME arm is disgusting for this reason. But as I very seldom play
vinyl (or shellac) I haven't got around to sorting it out.

Regards
--
Don Cox