If it works out, are you going to sell off little vials of the stuff?
The gunk has leaked out of my SME and I could use a dose.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]

  -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] SME tonearm question
 From: Kurt Nauck <[log in to unmask]>
 Date: Thu, March 27, 2014 3:35 pm
 To: [log in to unmask]

 Just to follow up - SME sells a dampening fluid which is rated at
 60,000 cst. I found differential oil in a hobby shop which is 50,000
 cst. It was about $8 for roughly 10 times the amount. By varying the
 amount and the paddle angle I should be able to achieve satisfactory
results.

 Thanks to all who threw in their 2 cents!