77 LPs per foot is the 'averaged' standard I've always used.

An actual one by one count? No way! Not since the days when the totals were in the hundreds, ''way back in the 1960s...''

On Fri, 3/14/14, Lee Herman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Possibly off-topic: New Blog: My Husband's Stupid Record Collection
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Friday, March 14, 2014, 10:24 PM

 OK, now I’m going to have to finish
 unpacking and count. ;-)

 On 3/14/14, 7:55 PM, "Roger Kulp" <[log in to unmask]>
 wrote:

 >15,000 or more is more in line with what I have.
 >
 >Roger
 >
 >> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:12:00 -0500
 >> From: [log in to unmask]
 >> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Possibly off-topic: New
 Blog: My Husband's
 >>Stupid Record Collection
 >> To: [log in to unmask]
 >>
 >> Hi Mike,
 >>
 >> Not my collection - (don’t flame me, please),
 most of my collection is
 >>CDs
 >> or digital of one sort or another.
 >>
 >> Lee
 >>
 >> On 3/14/14, 6:27 PM, "Michael Biel" <[log in to unmask]>
 wrote:

 >> >15 hundred isn't too bad.  Good luck with
 the alphabetical listening.
 >> >One collector had a similar quest that was
 pictured in a rather
 >> >sickening movie documentary about record
 collectors called "Vinyl".  He
 >> >was going to clean and listen to all his
 records alphabetically, and if
 >> >he wanted to hear a record not in that proper
 order HE COULDN'T.  His
 >> >collection was much larger than yours, and he
 (and most of the others
 >>in
 >> >the documentary including the filmmaker) were
 neurotic
 >> >obsessive-compulsive.  I don't think you
 are -- you just have a good
 >> >gimmick to hang a blog on.
 >> >
 >> >Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]

 Blog: My Husband's Stupid
 >> >Record Collection
 >> >From: Lee Herman <[log in to unmask]>
 >> >Date: Fri, March 14, 2014 7:01 pm
 >> >To: [log in to unmask]
 >> >
 >> >Exploration of spouse¹s record collection by a
 librarian.

 >> >From the first Post:
 >> >
 >> >"What is this?
 >> >
 >> >Alex and I have lived together for 9 years. In
 those 9 years we have
 >> >packed up, moved and unpacked his record
 collection 5 times. It¹s about
 >> >15
 >> >boxes, about 1500 hundred records ³that
 includes the singles and stuff,
 >> >which you¹re also going to have to review.²
 Is what Alex just said to
 >> >me
 >> >from the other room.
 >> >This project was my idea, inspired by maybe one
 too many glasses of
 >>wine
 >> >last weekend, when I was in charge of changing
 the music. ³I can¹t
 >> >believe
 >> >there are so many records here that I have
 never listened to. I should
 >> >try
 >> >to listen to all of them. And then write about
 it.² So here we are.
 >> >Here are the rules I¹ve set for my self. Start
 with the ³A¹s² these
 >> >records are set up in alphabetical order by
 artist. Listen to the
 >>entire
 >> >thing even if I really hate it. And make sure
 to comment on the cover