This was not digi-cellphone-itis; it was an undecipherable accent, so unclear I did not guess it was Aussie until I looked up the story online.

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Mar 16, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Graham McDonald wrote:

I do understand what you mean about unintelligability. ABC reporters do
have a tendency to record stories on their phones, and by the time it goes
through several stages of mp3-dom and out again it can end up a swooshy
and smeary artifact only vaguely related to listenable audio. It seems to
be of only minor concern to those at ABC radio though.

cheers

Graham McDonald
Sound & Broadcast Curator