Our general rule is to use end punctuation within <p> (where it would be
obligatory) but nowhere else with the reasoning being that it's easier
to have a stylesheet add end punctuation if you want it than to strip it
off if you don't.  If the past, we provided a "subject browse" list
generated from our EAD files.  It would have looked really ugly in that
context with everything having end punctuation.  Plus, I remember a time
(although distant now) when end punctuation was not included in MARC
terms.  In other words, rules change, LC practice changes and now we
have RDA.

Mark Carlson
University of Washington, Seattle