Please pardon duplication and forward to your colleagues interested in or responsible for preservation.

Title: I've Got What in My Library? Caring for Non-Traditional Items,"
Date: April 3, 2014
Location: Online
Information and Registration: http://www.amigos.org/care_of_materials

Today, libraries and archives are responsible for taking care of various materials. It's not just books or paper and digital files, but also photos, art, textiles, and even taxidermy animals. Most library and archives professionals havenít had the training to work with any of these materials.

Most libraries have at least one odd object as part of their collections. Maybe it is a stuffed armadillo. Maybe it is a commemorative shovel used in a local ground-breaking, a football from the high school championship game, or a painting of the town's founder. The majority libraries aren't equipped to handle these so-called nontraditional objects. You can't ignore them, so what do you do?

Get some answers by attending our April 3 conference. The agenda is now finalized and registration is open. All Amigos members can attend free and all non-Amigos members can take advantage of early bird registration special. Don't miss this opportunity to learn the best ways to handle your library's unusual objects!

If you have questions, please direct them to Tim Prather, [log in to unmask], 800-843-8482 x2892. See you there!

Thanks and best wishes,

Bill Walker

Imaging Field Services Officer

Amigos Library Services

14400 Midway Road | Dallas, TX 75244-3509

800-843-8482 x 2853 | 972-340-2853 (direct)

www.amigos.org | [log in to unmask]

[log in to unmask]" alt="facebook logo"> [log in to unmask]" alt="twitter icon">

Iíve Got What in my Library? Caring for Non-Traditional Materials

Online Conference

April 3, 2014