At the New York State Archives we use Art and Architecture Thesauraus for our function terms.

Prudence

Prudence K. Backman
Principal Archivist, Access Services
Archival Services
New York State Archives
9D78 Cultural Education Center
Albany, NY 12230
518-408-1414
FAX: 518-486-1647
>>> Elizabeth Perkes <[log in to unmask]> 3/21/2014 4:02 PM >>>
Does anyone know of a good functional taxonomy/thesaurus for identifying functions of government operations? I'd prefer one that goes into some detail about activities and transactions. What vocabularies are out there, or is everyone making up their own? This is for use in EAC, where functions have their own hierarchies and relationships with other functions, named entities, and record collections.

Elizabeth Perkes
Electronic Records Archivist
Utah State Archives
346 South Rio Grande