Customer Service Training for Library Technicians
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Online Registration<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5G82SVV>

Join your colleagues for a lunchtime discussion on the skills everyone in your organization needs to work with both internal and external customers.

As Library staff we have a set of guides and values on how we want the customer experience to be. Here are a few examples:
1. We will treat all patrons with courtesy.
2. We will respond to service requests as accurately and quickly as possible.
3. We will project a sense of engagement, professionalism and competence in delivering services.
4. We will refer patrons to other service points only if relevant help will be found there.
5. We will provide quick, accurate access to the collection.
6. We will encourage patrons to be self-reliant.
7. We will work to provide a pleasant physical environment for our patrons.
8. We will continuously seek to improve our service.
9. We will treat our colleagues with courtesy, responsiveness and care.

Hear seasoned customer service staff and brainstorm ways to incorporate new techniques into your day-to-day work with patrons, clients and visitors.

Date
Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm

Place
Library of Congress
Madison Building
Room LM-139
101 Independence Ave.
Washington, DC 20540

Metro/Directions
Blue/Orange Line to Capitol South.

Sponsor
FEDLINK Librarian Technician Working Group

Information
Call FEDLINK
(202)707-4813
TTY (202) 707-4995

Request ADA Accommodations five business days in advance at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Registration
Free, but advanced registration is required.

Register online here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5G82SVV>.

Cancellations
Please notify FEDLINK at (202) 707-4813 if you cannot attend to allow those on the waiting list an opportunity to register.