SAVE THE DATE…

2014 Joint Spring Workshop (JSW)

For over 30 years, the Washington, DC area librarians from local affiliates of national associations such as the Special Libraries Association and the American Library Association have sponsored a workshop for the purpose of providing professional development for Washington DC area librarians.  This year the JSW would like to present…

Leveraging Your Data

In the library and information profession we are immersed in data.  How can we step back and make use of new and existing technologies to take advantage of the tremendous amount of data to move our libraries forward in the digital age?

This year’s Joint Spring Workshop will feature presentations and discussions on:

·        Mobile applications for storing and accessing data and improving library workflows;

·        Projects and techniques for converting data into reliable information and ultimately into knowledge;

·        Technology tools and ways to mine, use, and re-purpose data gathered from integrated library systems, collections, electronic products and services, websites, and other user behavior.

Join us April 24, 2013 at the Library of Congress to learn ways you can work effectively with technology to leverage your data to enhance decision making, support your budget, develop new products and services, and show value to leadership.

Continental Breakfast and Lunch are included.

               Thursday, April 24 2014                          8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Library of Congress

Madison Building – Mumford Room, 6th Floor

101 Independence Ave, SE

Washington, DC

Cost: $60 for DCLA, LLSDC, DC/SLA, FEDLINK, ALA affiliated, Virginia, D.C. and Maryland Library Association members

$85 Non-members

$25 Students/Retirees/Unemployed

REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN SOON IN MARCH 2014 – stay tuned for more details!