From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ray denenberg
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Place and jursidiction

“Is there any difficulty with the same authority representing a bf:Place and a bf:Agent (jurisdiction)?  “

Consider the example:

<bf:Place rdf:nodeID="bnode-p622k123">

    <bf:authorizedAccessPoint>Winslow (Ark.)</bf:authorizedAccessPoint>

    <bf:hasAuthority rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88198885"/>

</bf:Place>

If you want to represent that authority as both a place and a jurisdiction:

<bf:Place rdf:nodeID="bnode-p622k123"/>

<bf:Jurisdiction rdf:nodeID="bnode-p622k123"/>

<bf:Authority rdf:nodeID="bnode-p622k123">

    <bf:authorizedAccessPoint>Winslow (Ark.)</bf: authorizedAccessPoint>

    <bf:hasAuthority rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88198885"/>

</bf:Place>

Ray