This is a topic that has been heavily studied, as it is interesting, and
important to organizations like DARPA, etc.

Compare:
1) GeographicalRegion:

A tangible geographical area.

http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvViACZwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

3) GeographicalAgent:

The group of agents associated with a specific geographical area.

http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rwTccApwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

3) GeopoliticalEntity:

Under certain ("dualist") assumptions, a geopolitical entity can
simultaneously be treated as both a an organization and as a geographical
region. These assumptions do not always apply; hence the distinction
between the two base concepts.

http://sw.opencyc.org/2012/05/10/concept/Mx4rvVjl2pwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

Note that the Boy Scouts of America is not the organization that is
regarded as acting when America does something.

They are, however, an organization operating in America- there is most
definitely a relationship between the BSA and America, the
GeographicalRegion.

For example, see: orgPresentInRegion and its sub properties.

http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rwQchXpwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA