Dear JAC Colleagues,

I have read with interest the various threads related to the Shikomor
debate. My sources also say that it was a language proposed a generation
ago by the government, but that was never really implemented. There are
some schoolbooks in the combined language, but the local population use
their own languages on the various islands. I would recommend against
adoption of the code.

I will be sending out the ballot next week as JAC Secretary, so those
with further comments should express them soon.

Melinda Lyons
JAC Secretary
ISO 639-3 RA