Dear Colleagues,
I have to abstain on the "shiKomori" question, since there is still a lack of adequate up-to-date information. However, the crucial issues of principle and organisation facing us are of a more global nature, and it will be valuable to learn from John how he wishes us to structure our online debate after the present topic of discussion has been drawn to a close.
Amicalement à tous
David

 positive for the adoption of the ISO 316-1:2006 standard. The three parts of the ISO 3166 standard have been revised in 2013, and the votes for part 1 (35 national standardization TC 46 voting members, 29 approbations and 6 abstentions) and 3 (35 national standardization TC 46 voting members, 28 approbations and 7 abstentions) were unanimous, the vote on part 2 (35 national standardization TC 46 voting members, 27 approbations, 7 abstentions and 1 reprobation) being quasi-unanimous, with only one negative vote. It was during the finalization of this process that ISO TC 46 unanimously, following an unanimous proposition of its WG 2, requested the ISO 639/RA-JAC to create alpha-2 ISO 639-1 code elements concerning some administrative languages. I do not think that such a process can be described as "an independant action of certain individuals", when this is only the application of decisions taken by about 35 national standardization ISO member bodies
 that are the P-members of the ISO/TC 46.