From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Robert Maxwell [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Creative Commons rights statement

My understanding is that the creative commons license is in fact a copyright statement, in which the copyright holder gives away certain rights in return for certain behavior by users of the work. So in my opinion this should be treated as a copyright statement, but as any other copyright statement can serve as the basis for a supplied date of publication. Others may have other opinions, though, of course.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Ancient Languages and Special Collections Cataloger
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801)422-5568