From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bothmann, Robert L
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Creative Commons rights statement

Personally, I would record Creative Commons information in the 540 Terms governing use and reproduction note and simply record the name/type of the CC license as that note.

Copyright is often a legal and/or constitutional concept from a federal government and has specific legal aspects.

Creative Commons is purposefully an alternative to copyright and is intended to enrich the public domain, and while I think it can be argued that CC is copyright-like in some ways, it is not copyright.

My two cents

Bobby Bothmann

Robert Bothmann
Metadata & Emerging Technologies Librarian

Professor, Library Services

Minnesota State University, Mankato