From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark K. Ehlert
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Preferred title using "Poems. Selections" question

Kevin M Randall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

And a CCT would make sense as a *variant* access point, until we're able to use other elements to refine searches by facets.  "Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Poems. Selections" in a 400 field could then return to the user a list giving the "real" preferred titles of those collections, and the various editions of specific collections could be collocated under their respective original manifestation titles.  Or "Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Poems. Selections. Japanese" could return to the user a list giving the "real" preferred titles of collections in Japanese (which might be either Japanese translations of English language collections, or original collections of Japanese translations).

What is the best way to make this work in a bib record that lacks any supporting authority record with a 400 CCT?  A 700 "Selection" added entry?

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

  Metadata Education (DCME)    222 21st Avenue South
Phone: 612-624-0805            Minneapolis, MN 55455-0439
<
http://www.minitex.umn.edu/>