I was just going to mention this about adding rollers.  Bearings in the
tape path are tiresome for archivists who worry too much about tiny things.

We also have one of John French's dummy head assembly units which works
great.   I'd love it there was a reasonably answer to the 'perfect' deck.
 I applaud ATAE for that pursuit although its sad that they cant be cheaper
and more so that our industry can no longer spend 6 figures etc on
machines.