"All you can stream" music rental is really taking the place of radio for a
younger generation.  With the way that you can personalize the streaming
experience to suit your own taste, it makes having a cd or download less
interesting.

With movies and tv shows, the "kids" I see at college are watching more and
more on portable devices, like an iPad or laptop.  On move-in day, you
don't see as many with a tv they're bringing into the dorm room.

I've seen some articles looking at the current crop of college students and
how they're less interested in physical media, not developing the "habit"
of collecting.  If you think about it, even someone only slightly
interested in music in the 70s or 80s, would have had a small collection of
8-tracks, cassettes or lps that they listened to in their car or dorm room.

If you think about it, the movie towards something "virtual" makes sense
when you're in your late teens and twenties and moving around a lot.  It's
less "stuff" to deal with.

Randy

Randy A. Riddle
www.coolcatdaddy.com