It depends on which radio you have.  Remember that Sirius and XM used to be
two different companies with their own sets of satellites.

I have a Hyundai with an XM radio that sounds really good and a Ford with a
Sirius radio that sounds like crap.

The Sirius radio is really compressed.  That system allowed them to adjust
bandwidth on each channel.  On weekends, it can sound really dreadful when
they add more channels to accommodate sports programming.

On the XM radio, the basic music channels sound decent, much like your FM
radio, while the news and talk radio channels are compressed a little more,
but not quite as badly as the Sirius radio.

Since the merger, I'm not sure how they're making the radios - if they're
based on one system or another or some hybrid of both.

I've noticed when driving that the Sirius radio is more prone to drop out
if you go under a big overpass or go through some really mountainous areas.
 Both, in normal driving, don't cut out.

Randy

Randy A. Riddle
www.coolcatdaddy.com