This article was in the NYTimes today, gives a Wall Street-centric view of the changes in music
distribution:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/business/the-harmony-they-want-to-hear.html

Worth noting -- record company revenue is less than 1/2 vs 1999. In 15 years, half of the profit has
been sucked out of the business. In order to maintain contact with reality, we should keep this in
mind when we discuss "wish lists" for reissues, especially reissues involving costly remastering,
and in thinking about whether it's viable to keep slow-selling single-CD issues in print on physical
media.

David Burnham's joking description of chamber music as "music heard by few people" may apply to ALL
but the most mainstream recorded music some day soon! At least as far as physical media is
concerned.

-- Tom FIne