-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: 21 May 2014 14:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Seeking discographical info on somewhat obscure
Philips record

Hi Nick:

THANK YOU! ARSC List comes through!

As far as I know, the master is owned by Universal Music Group/Decca
Classics and is probably stored
in Germany with the Philips Classics master tapes.

Recommendation -- hold out for a European Philips pressing. The US version
is very noisy, and
pressed off-center so there's some wow. These are nearly 30-minute sides, so
pressing quality is
key. The US version was pressed at the notorious Mercury Richmond IN plant.
The US version was cut
by George Piros. I assume one of the Philips engineers cut their European
version, although Fine
Recording sometimes sent lacquers over to the Philips plant in the 60s.

-- Tom Fine