On 5/1/2014 05:22, Tom Fine wrote:
> "The Radio Manual" by George E Sterling (an FCC Commissioner) and Robert
> B Monroe (CBS Radio engineer). Van Nostrand publiser. First published
> 1928, revised many times afterward.

The 1930 edition is available for borrowing (with a free digital library
card), not permanent downloading or casual viewing, at The Internet
Archive. https://archive.org/details/radiomanualforra00ster

This, btw, seems quite an excellent idea. They offer up to five books at
once on a two week loan, pretty much the way a public library operates.
It permits access to hard-to-find books that are still in copyright,
without compromising the rights involved therein. I never realized the
Archive had this available until just now.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago