People who were at Stoki's New York City apartment(s) during the  1950s and
'60s have written about the collection of gongs and other Asian  percussion
instruments in his home.

  I for one would love to hear Eichheim's "Java" with Stoki and
Philadelphia, but Victor didn't record it. (Or with *any*  orchestra.) Is there a
recording of a Stokowski broadcast performance, by  any chance? In addition to
his Philadelphia Orchestra Victor 78-rpm  recordings of Eichheim's Japanese
Nocturne and Bali, Stoki conducted one of them  on a Philadelphia Orch.
concert during the 1960s. It was  broadcast. Stokowski announced it to the
audience in his usual way, more or  less "next we play music by Eichheim. He's
gone to heaven or wherever it is  compawsehs go...."

  Don Tait

In a message dated 5/6/2014 6:21:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,