On 5/7/2014 13:46, Tom Fine wrote:
> Yet another problem moving over to Win7 from XP. Roxio 6 and 7, both of
> which have been very reliable for all these years, won't install even
> with the XP emulator. We sprang for the latest version of Roxio's
> software, but it's such a POS that it literally won't copy CDs, claims
> not to recognize the CD drive in my Lenovo desktop that it just ripped
> data from! Roxio is unhelpful to say the least.
>
> Is there a better alternative out there? We need to be able to copy CDs,
> create and burn both audio and data CDs and DVD-R/+R media with the very
> common kind of low-grade generic drive installed in most Lenovo computers.
>
> -- Tom Fine

My favorite audio CD tool on any Windows platform is Exact Audio Copy
from exactaudiocopy.de . It can copy tracks individually or can write an
image, and will burn from tracks or an image. With the FLAC frontend
installed, it will also read from/write to FLAC.

I don't know what's good for data CDs or DVD-R/+R media. Having just
gotten Windows 8.1, I'm looking for something in this area myself.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago