Yes, it's true. I have SiriusXM. I've been listening to mainly 75 & 76,
the classical channels, and the OTR channel. The 40s is not currently
available, having been hijacked for Billy Joel for a period of some months.

The sound is very artifacted. There is a lack of hi freq content, a
great deal of dynamic compression, and  - get this, and this is a big
one - signal is lost going under a bridge or pulling into the gas
station, or into the garage. That is looking back to AM radio.

I can also listen to 75 & 76 in the house as I get those 2 channels on
Dish Network. There must be more bandwidth on satellite, as the
artifacting, it's there, is not nearly as bad. Compression is.

joe salerno

--
Joe Salerno