From: Tom Fine
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Talking Books pre-1952

There was a lot of poetry recorded in the 78 era. Library of Congress and
Harvard University each
made a series of recordings of poets reading their works. There were also
multi-disk albums released
by Columbia and perhaps Victor of poetry. I have a Decca 12" album of "A Man
Without A Country" (I
might be remembering that title incorrectly -- the records are elsewhere
right now). Also
presidential speeches were commercially released, particularly FDR's "Day of
Infamy" address to
Congress on Victor Records.

Etc. etc.

-- Tom Fine