From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Wed, 28 May 2014 08:43:33
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Weird cd text problem

Shai Drori:

> The problem is this. On some of the cd text capable
> players the info doesn't show. On some it does. On 3 different
computers
> running either XP or win7 the info does not show (one computer
actually
> showed the disc as empty and ready to burn). WTF?

No computer optical drive will display CD text because CD text is not
read at all afaik.

The only way to see this information on the computer is to upload the
information to the free databases out there.

And without internet access nothing can be seen.

CD Text only works in dedicated players, mostly car type CD players,
and there is no way to know if the implementation is correct.

Thus what can be seen goes from nothing to everything being displayed
correctly.

--
Best regards,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Smurfen:RIP