Apropos of this thread I just put back into active service a very unusual AG-440C with 15/30 motor capstan assembly.
I also have a Dolby SR unit which was an incredible breakthrough but came to late in the game to gain a foothold with users.
Folks like the "hug and a kiss" of analog at the very end of the line and running 1/4" tape it's not a big expense for my clients.

Some may scoff but the fact remains it does sound very comforting and familiar.

 As we say in Spanish,  "Un Zapato Viejo"

AA

Sent from my iPhone