Another view of SiriusXM. I had it installed in March, specifically to try
out on my drive North on I-95 to New York. It passed with flying colors and
was my companion for all 1,300 mi. I would not dispute John Haley's
complaints about its technical qualities; however, in an automobile
traveling at 80mph the compression is very welcome and the bandwidth is
more than adequate for the conditions. What SiriusXM in the car also
achieves is a way to travel long distances without the need to keep
searching for the next NPR affiliate and -- especially in the South --
avoiding the endless God stations and purveyors of right-wing politics and
overall benightedness. I found the situation so satisfactory that I was
never tempted to seek NPR programs. The same situation obtained on my drive
to Chapel Hill and from there to return to Florida. Frankly, whatever its
shortcomings, the service is another nail in the coffin of classical FM
radio.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way