Thanks for the helpful suggestions. My history of talking books is nearly
finished, and I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked any major examples.

While writing this book, I've worked extensively with archives held by
blindness organizations in both the US and UK. Anyone interested is welcome
to view my article "From Shell Shock to Shellac: The Great War, Blindness,
and Britain's Talking Book Library":
http://tcbh.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/06/tcbh.hwu017.full?keytype=ref&ijkey=CgHeMMGJYDEqkal

Please feel free to contact me with any further tips.

Best wishes,
Matt