Hi Vladimir,

maybe I can clarify some points:

I can not speak for Bibframe, but publishing catalogs as Linked Data is not
the primary purpose of Bibframe, this has started much earlier. "Linked
Data" is coined as a term for an "easy path" towards Tim Berners-Lee's
vision of a Semantic Web that can be understood as an improved version of
the World Wide Web of today (a giant global graph with database features)

Bibframe embraces some building blocks of the Semantic Web, the main
purpose is to leave all the MARC limitations behind. In the first phase, no
dependencies to W3C recommendations or other third party vocabularies
should be created inside of Bibframe. The use of W3C recommendations might
happen by the community that uses Bibframe, or later by establishing best
practice efforts, as far as I understand.

The building blocks like RDF allow catalog data (or better: catalog
entities) to be part of the Semantic Web. There will be no more need to
"publish" catalogs then, because just exporting library catalog data  or
exposing them to the web will enable everyone who uses the Semantic Web (by
consuming Linked Data) to also use library catalog data too. With MARC,
this is obviously not possible.

Personally, I expect rare to no support from web search engine vendors for
providing high quality library data. Indexing them into commercial search
engines may be an attractive goal for some situations, but it is only a
(nice) side effect of a greater project, the opening of library catalogs to
the World Wide Web. The web search industry maintains very own strategic
projects like schema.org. So if a library decides to give data to a search
engine vendor, they could use schema.org to express "popular meanings" of
entities in a library catalog to those who use the products of the search
engine vendors. For example, people searching the web for a "book". There
are efforts how to make use of Bibframe for schema.org vocabulary so this
task must not be repeated by each library again and again.

Jörg