The third time's the charm!  The position of Linked Data Technologist at Stanford University has been reposted with a start date of September 2014.  Same excellent position, just a slightly revised start date.  The Stanford University Libraries are committed to linked data as our future.  Participating in such grants as Linked Data for Libraries have pushed us even further towards our goal.  This key position will help to both develop our environment and maintain our expanding triple store.  This time of transition provides us with unequaled opportunities to reinvent our information environment.  I look forward to hearing from those of you who would like to help us define it.

Applications should be made on the Library's website: http://library.stanford.edu/using/employment-opportunities/current-openings.

Philip

Linked Data Technologist, Metadata, Stanford University Libraries - Position number 62710

Description

 This is a four-year, fixed-term position with the possibility of an extension.  The start date for the position is September 1st, 2014.

The Stanford University Libraries (SUL) has an opening for a Linked Data Technologist within the Metadata Department in Technical Services.  Linked Data will be key to Stanford’s evolving intellectual ecosystem.  Located within the Metadata Department, the Linked Data Technologist will be responsible for the transformation of metadata from multiple metadata schemas into approved RDF models for ingestion into appropriate data stores.  Flexibility and the ability to follow and anticipate developing technologies will be essential.

Although located within the Metadata Department, the Linked Data Technologist will be part of a heterogeneous team composed of members from the Metadata Department, Enterprise Systems, and Digital Library Systems and Services.  The incumbent will also serve as the contact point for enquiries of linked data assistance from other parts of SUL.

Duties:

 The primary duty of the Linked Data Technologist will be the transformation of metadata from multiple metadata schemas into approved RDF models for ingestion into appropriate data stores (triple store, etc.).  More specific duties include the automated remediation and augmentation of ingested metadata to meet the model’s standard including both the development of various mechanisms for data manipulation and the processing itself, as well as the identification and scoping of both local and external sources of metadata that can be remediated through semi-automated means.  Candidate metadata will need to be analyzed for technical conformance to its metadata schema so that conversion to RDF can take place accurately.  The incumbent will also be responsible for the investigation and selection of key technologies to meet program objectives and the combination, integration, and tracking of provenance of ingested metadata.

Qualifications

Minimum Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications:

--