John

LC-PCC-PS for 11.13.1.1 says:

“When two or more bodies have the same name, make an addition to each name. Determine that a conflict exists when the preferred name or authorized access point for one body is the same as the preferred name or authorized access point for another body. "Conflict" is restricted to names already created or being created in the catalog.”

So I think we do go back and add dates to the earlier name as well.

Remember that we can now record a body’s period of activity (11.4.5.3, 11.13.1.5) if we are not sure of precise dates.

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager