I suppose it depends on your theological disposition whether dates of
biological birth and death correspond with dates of incarnation and
disembodiment of the spirit. Leaving that aside, we could also or instead
record the spirit's presumably later dates of activity in 046 $s and/or $t,
if known, perhaps based on the dates of activity of mediums/channelers, or
beginning at the date of death of the person.

I can't think of any case in which a person's spirit is held to be
channeled by another while still alive or before birth, but maybe this
could be claimed in cases of reincarnation, astral projection, out-of-body,
near-death, trances, hallucinogenic, etc. experiences.

In any case, dates of activity of the spirit could overlap or not with the
dates of birth of the person, and either way is probably the more useful
data.

Matthew

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger