If a corporate body changes its name and then after a while goes back to its earlier name, my understanding is that we create separate authorities for each name and distinguish the otherwise identical names with dates.  What happens when the earlier name has already been established?  Do we just add dates to the newly established name, or do we go back and add them to the earlier name as well?  (Especially for older names, precise dates may not be available.)

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger //

Harvard Library--Information and Technical Services //

Langdell Hall 194 //

Cambridge, MA 02138

+(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)

+(1)(617) 496-4409 (fax)