PCCLIST readers,

This page

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/naco/personnamefaq.html#20

has two FAQs which I think are no longer applicable:

20.  Is it true that undifferentiated name authority records are only created for personal names?  (Answer: "Yes. …"  But I think it should now be "Not any more".)

21. Where can I find instructions on creating an undifferentiated personal name authority record? (Answer: "An undifferentiated personal name is called for by AACR 22.20 and by LCRI 22.17-22.20 (RDA 9.19.1.1) as a last resort after all the possible additions to a new personal or to an existing personal name to break a conflict have been exhausted….")

What I was actually looking for on this FAQ page were instructions for handling NARs for which only one identity remains.  Actually, this page was the first one retrieved with a Google search "naco undifferentiated".  The second one is what I wanted:

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/PCC%20RDA%20guidelines/Z01%20008%2032%202014rfeb.pdf

Perhaps the FAQ page can be updated.

Sincerely - Ian

Ian Fairclough